In this exclusive article, we present to you 7 natural beverages that can effectively treat depression permanently without medication. Keep reading until the end for more important information about depression and how to overcome it naturally at home, without any side effects that may impact the patient's daily quality of life.
|drinks to treat depression|
natural treatment of depression
Depression is one of the most common psychological disorders worldwide, causing persistent feelings of profound sadness without a clear reason. It affects the body, disrupts organ functions, and alters thinking patterns and reactions, leaving individuals with depression trapped in a complex web of intertwined symptoms.
The causes of depression vary, ranging from genetic and physical to psychological factors, along with behavioral disorders among patients. Ultimately, these factors lead to chemical imbalances in the brain, specifically in the levels of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine hormones.
Chemical imbalances in these neurotransmitters within the brain can be treated through the use of antidepressant medications and certain dietary supplements. However, due to the concerning side effects associated with psychiatric medications, many patients seek natural alternative methods to medication. Therefore, we present to you seven beverages that can effectively treat depression permanently.
7 drinks to treat depression
1) Honey and Flaxseed Drink: If you're looking for the best drink to treat depression, honey and flaxseeds may be an ideal choice. This is because raw honey contains the essence of flower nectar that bees collect diligently, and it is a good source of vitamins and minerals that activate brain cells, specifically the hypothalamus. Flaxseeds are also extremely rich in fiber, with a content of up to 27 grams per 100 grams of flaxseeds. This high fiber content helps in the production of serotonin, the happiness hormone, by the large intestine, at a rate of 95%. Additionally, flaxseeds contain a high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for the structure of nerves and brain cells, making them resistant to depression.
2) Yogurt and Almond Powder Drink: The second option that I personally recommend as the best non-medication drink for treating depression is yogurt and almond. Yogurt is considered the primary food for probiotics, or beneficial bacteria in the colon. Studies have shown that these microorganisms control the production of certain substances that resist depression in the brain. Furthermore, adding almond powder to yogurt is a good idea because almonds contain an important substance for treating depression, which is the amino acid tyrosine that increases the production of the hormone of pleasure and happiness known as dopamine.
3) Dark Chocolate and Walnut Drink: If you're looking for a drink to treat depression completely without medication, we recommend dark chocolate and walnuts. Dark chocolate is well-known for its mood-enhancing properties, which is why many people, especially women, love it. Dark chocolate contains several nerve-calming substances, with cocoa being the most prominent among them. However, dear, be mindful not to consume it excessively as it can lead to addiction, obesity, and other health problems. To avoid this, try adding walnuts to dark chocolate. Walnuts are highly nutritious dried fruits that are rich in the amino acid tryptophan, which increases the production of serotonin, the happiness hormone, in the brain.
4) Chamomile Tea and Raw Honey Drink: Did you know that the best time to consume a drink for treating depression is right before bed, for nerve relaxation? For this reason, we recommend drinking a cup of chamomile tea, as this plant contains many nerve-calming chemicals that help promote a sense of calmness and relaxation. It is preferred to add one to two tablespoons of raw honey to chamomile tea to sweeten it and overcome its bitter taste. As mentioned earlier, honey also helps in treating depression.
5) Louisa Tea with Milk Drink : In Morocco, when someone is feeling upset, their mother would prepare a drink called Louisa tea with milk to instantly alleviate their sadness. This is not without reason, as Louisa herb is considered one of the most powerful medicinal plants that helps calm the nerves and increase feelings of tranquility and relaxation. Therefore, consuming Louisa tea right before bed is a good idea, especially when accompanied by milk, which is rich in vitamins and essential minerals for brain function. Milk is an important source of calcium, a mineral necessary for nerve cells to carry nerve impulses from one cell to another.
6) Anise and Fennel Tea Drink : In the past, Moroccan grandmothers and mothers used to incorporate anise and fennel seeds in the preparation of desserts and bread. This practice was highly beneficial for strengthening the immune system and treating various physical and psychological disorders, such as depression and acute anxiety. Anise and fennel are medicinal herbs with a pleasant flavor and aromatic scent. Additionally, they contain substances that calm the nervous system, promoting feelings of tranquility and relaxation. Therefore, we recommend consuming anise and fennel tea before bed to enhance sleep quality and stimulate the brain to produce serotonin, the happiness hormone.
7) Orange Juice with Raisins Drink : There is another period that I honestly consider as the gateway to welcoming a day full of activity and vitality, and that is the early morning. For this reason, I recommend drinking orange juice with raisins because they form a complete mixture that contains all the essential minerals such as magnesium and vitamin C. These substances are effective in stimulating nerve cells and calming the adrenal gland, which secretes anxiety and stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline during this time.